There was anger in India after the Pulwama terror attack. The Indian Air Force took revenge for losing forty soldiers by eliminating terrorist bases in Balakot.
The terrorist attack in Pulwama has completed one year today. Today, on the occasion of the first anniversary of the attack, the country is remembering the soldiers. From Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Home Minister Amit Shah paid tribute to all the martyrs.
Forty soldiers were martyred in this attack, whose martyrdom was avenged by the Indian Army in 12 days. In such a situation, what was the whole story behind this change, how the army executed it in a few days, understand in ten points:-
1. On the 14th, a day after the terrorist attack, the CCS met on the 15th. In this meeting, options were taken to avenge Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Pakistan.
2. After the Uri attack, India had decided to have a surgical strike, but this time it was decided that the attack would be done in some other way. Airstrike was finalized after a long churn.
3. The responsibility of this plan was given to NSA Ajit Doval on behalf of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Ajit Doval and the then Air Force Chief BS Dhanoa prepared the blueprint for the entire action. During this time it was decided that the targets of Jaish-e-Mohammed present in Balakot would be targeted.
4. After the place was decided after that all the agencies started extracting input. RAW, IB began to find a strong place for Jaish’s hideouts.
5. Even though the Air Force had an important role in this attack, but the Army was also kept on alert. Especially in the area near the LoC, the soldiers were fully alert.
6. The plan was decided 2 days before Airstrike that AWACS will also be deployed along with Mirage 2000. They were deployed in Gwalior, along with Agra base were also kept on alert.
7. On the evening of 25 February, the phones of the people participating in the operation were switched off. PM Modi, NSA Ajit Doval and BS Dhanoa were constantly getting information about every update.
On the late night of 26 February, Mirage 2000 took off from Gwalior and the airbase of Agra, Bareilly was also put on alert. During this time, Pakistan Air Defense System was asked to keep an eye.
9. 12 Mirage aircraft entered the Pakistani border around 3 am and started bombing Balakot. During this time F-16 aircraft of Pakistan became active but by then the Air Force of India had done its work.
10. The whereabouts of Jaish-e-Mohammed present in Balakot were destroyed in the action of the Indian Air Force. Hundreds of terrorists were claimed to have been killed in this attack. Soon after the attack, PM Modi held a meeting in South Block with top officials.
A year ago today, the CRPF convoy was attacked by terrorists in Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir. In this dastardly act, 40 CRPF personnel were martyred. Today, the country is saluting those forty soldiers, who sacrificed their lives in front of the attack and presented an unmatched vision of martyrdom and sacrifice.